Bangkok, Thailand, October 30, 2017 – The Volleyball Association of Singapore (VAS) are looking for a qualified head coach who will be responsible for all coaching duties including, but not limited to, planning and facilitation of practice sessions, game preparation, recruiting and scheduling.
The potential head coach candidates for Singapore should possess strong communication skills and extensive knowledge of both technical and tactical skills, while the successful candidate must have a strong commitment to recruiting and developing the Men’s and Women’s teams at the various age-group including the National teams.
For those interested, please carefully read Responsibilities, Qualification and Expectations below and if you would like to pursue this opportunity, please forward a detailed resume highlighting your volleyball experience and submit your applications via email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manage, coordinate and develop all aspects of a successful men’s and women’s volleyball programme including but not limited to:
– Recruiting and retaining of players through the local competition environment
– Plans to develop a men’s and women’s Youth Team (U12 – U18)
– Organising, preparing and executing effective practice and game plan strategies
– Managing successfully the daily operations of the volleyball programme: budgeting, scheduling, travel arrangements, and game day organisation
– Supervising assistant coaches and trainers
– Fostering a cooperative work environment and providing mutual support with all colleagues
– Representing the programme and VAS with sportsmanship, integrity and professionalism
– Plan and organised courses to develop local coaches
– Perform any other related duties as assigned by the VP HPE
– Minimum Diploma or equivalent, Sports Science Knowledge an advantage, though not necessary
– At least 5 years successful coaching experience with National teams
– Ability to successfully impart knowledge and motivate learning in athletes
– Ability to identify and recruit potential athletes
– Strong ethical character and interpersonal communication skills
– Sport specific knowledge in all positions
– Proficient with technology applications applicable to the position
– Certified in or ability to be certified in first-aid and CPR/AED
– Commitment to diversity
– Must pass a background check
– Ability to communicate in English an advantage
Uphold the high professional standard of conduct expected of each person. Build positive interpersonal relationships in and out of the court. The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all- inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
Related links of AVC
AVC Website: click www.asianvolleyball.net
AVC Facebook: click www.Facebook.com/AsianVolleyballConfederation
AVC Twitter: click: https://twitter.com/avcvolley
AVC Instagram: click: https://www.instagram.com/avcvolley/?hl=en
AVC Youtube: click: Asian Volleyball Confederation