Bangkok, Thailand, December 4, 2017 – As the circular invitation has already been sent to all AVC affiliated national federations, entry form submission for 10 AVC tournaments due to be held in 2018 is now available.
To make sure that the submission will be carefully done on this invitation and interested federations will find the best way to consider and make careful decisions, the AVC have also attached 10 AVC competition regulations, national entry forms, competition formats, timeline for 2018 AVC competition calendar and AVC uniform publicity, to the circular invitation.
The AVC will have another busy year with 10 Championships set for 2018 including two newly-launched competitions for lower-ranked teams, Asian Challenge Cup for Men in Kyrgyzstan and the Asian Challenge Cup for Women in Hong Kong.
As the volleyball competition in the Indonesia-hosted 19th Asian Games from August 18 to September 2 has been regarded as one of the major tournaments core teams will join the fray next year, the other 10 AVC Championships due to be organised in 2018 are also expected to draw much attention to these top-flight competitions.
Released recently and posted already on AVC website (www.asianvolleyball.net), the AVC Championships in 2018 are as follows.
- The 12th Asian Women’s U17 Volleyball Championship in Nakhon Pathom, Thailand from May 20 to 27, 2018, which serves as the qualification tournament for the 2019 FIVB Volleyball World Women’s U18 Championship.
- The 19th Asian Women’s U19 Volleyball Championship in Hanoi, Vietnam from June 10 to 17, 2018 and serves as the qualification tournament for the 2019 FIVB Volleyball Women’s U20 World Championship.
- The 12th Asian Men’s U18 Volleyball Championship in Tabriz, Iran from June 29 to July 6, 2018 and serves as the qualification tournament for the 2019 FIVB Volleyball World Men’s U19 Championship.
- The 2018 Asian Women’s Club Volleyball Championship in Ust-Kamenogorsk, Kazakhstan from July 11 to 18, 2018 and serves as the qualification tournament for the 2019 FIVB Volleyball Women’s World Club Championship.
- The 19th Asian Men’s U20 Volleyball Championship, the qualification tournament for the 2019 FIVB Volleyball Men’s U21 World Championship, is due to be held in Manama, Bahrain from July 21 to 28, 2018.
- The 1st Asian Challenge Cup for Women in Hong Kong from July 30 to August 5, 2018. The tournament is open for the teams ranked 11th and below or did not participate in the previous Asian Senior Championship. In case of more than eight national entries, the first priority will be given to the teams participating in the previous Asian Senior Championship, while the rest of the participating teams will be considered by means of the latest FIVB World Ranking. However, the host nation can accept a maximum of 10 participating teams if possible.
- The 2018 Asian Men’s Club Volleyball Championship, which serves as the qualification tournament for the 2019 FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Club Championship, is due to be organised in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar from July 31-August 7, 2018.
- The 6th AVC Cup for Men in Taipei, Chinese Taipei from August 9 to 15, 2018. The top-notch tournament is open to top 8 or top 10 depending on the number of national entry in the Asian Challenge Cup. If some teams among top 10 do not submit their national entry, the next highest-ranked teams of the previous Asian Senior Championship will be replaced if only the team send the national entry to the Asian Challenge Cup.
- The 1st Asian Challenge Cup for Men in Cholpon-Ata, Kyrgyzstan from September 15 to 22, 2018. Terms and conditions are similar to the 1st Asian Challenge Cup for Women in Hong Kong.
- The 6th AVC Cup for Women in Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand from September 17 to 23, 2018. Terms and conditions for participating teams are similar to the 6th AVC Cup for Men in Chinese Taipei.
For submission, the entry form for any above-mentioned AVC tournament has to be sent to both AVC Headquarters in Bangkok, Thailand and the organisers before, but not later than January 15, 2018. However, despite the national entry deadline, it will be possible up to January 31, 2018 for interested national federations to send the present entry form to the AVC Headquarters, paying a fine of US$500.
In case of the team withdrawal, fines will be charged up to the timing – after the deadline of entry until drawing of lots, after the drawing of lots until one month prior to that championship, less than one month to a week prior to the opening day of the championship and seven days or less prior to the opening day of the championship.
For more information, the AVC Headquarters in Bangkok, Thailand can be contacted via email at email@example.com or call +662-136 2861-3 Fax: +662-136 2864.
Please visit www.asianvolleyball.net, the official AVC website, for all AVC activities, AVC competitions, results, galleries and other updated informations.
Related links of AVC
AVC Website: click www.asianvolleyball.net
AVC Facebook: click www.Facebook.com/AsianVolleyballConfederation
AVC Twitter: click: https://twitter.com/avcvolley
AVC Instagram: click: https://www.instagram.com/avcvolley/?hl=en
AVC Youtube: click: Asian Volleyball Confederation