AVC INTERNATIONAL COACHES COURSE LEVEL I BEING HELD IN THAILAND
Bangkok, Thailand, November 27, 2018 – Fourteen candidates joined the AVC International Coaches Course Level I at the FIVB Development Centre Thailand between November 26 and December 2, with FIVB Sports Events Council Member Mr Jaksuwan Tocharoen conducting the one-week seminar as Course Instructor.
Mr Kittipong Pornchartyingcheep, former ace spiker of Thailand men’s national volleyball team and former head coach of defunct Bangkok Glass VC, also assisted Mr Jaksuwan in conducting the course theoretically and practically.
Among the all-Thai course attendants are six females consisting of Pruksa Permpool, Thidarut Nubumrung, Podjanee Suppachayakul, Dararat Janthong, Sofeeyah A-boo and Somrudee Wannaklad. The remaining candidates comprise Ronnachai Lantaw, Wuttinan Prommanat, Suchart Suwanaphichon, Teerayut Lehchay, Chanchai Balee, Patiphon Bandi, Asman Nima and Wijit Pollamueang.
AVC Secretary-General Mr Shanrit Wongprasert presided over the Monday’s opening ceremony, with Air Marshal Chartchai Rodboonpha, member of Board of Administration of the Thailand Volleyball Association, in attendance as guest of honour. In this auspicious occasion, Mr Shanrit had also delivered his opening speech.
“This is a special development project of the Office of the Basic Education Commission to give all course attendants an opportunity to learn and obtain valuable experience and adapt for particular use in the southern border provinces. During the coming seven days of the course, the lectures and practical sessions will be mostly emphasised on techniques, which, of course, will be only 30% important to make a team successful. The remaining 70% to make a team fulfilled come from the other aspects including the use of sports science and the support and cooperation of the community,” Shanrit said.
“Coach is not only responsible for taking good care of a team, but to be accomplished in his career, the coach should also own good human relations skills. For any team, only training cannot help them go further. They have to take part in competitions. After completion of this course, I hope all attendants will bring knowledge gained from the course to improve your experience and further your development. Development can’t stop here but should continue beyond the classroom. Therefore, continuous learning is very important in life.”
Mr Chai Nimakorn, Director of the FIVB Development Centre Thailand, also said in his speech, “Welcome to the FIVB Development Centre Thailand. The centre has been used for 21 years since 1997. We have learned and brought new techniques from the FIVB to adapt for use in Thailand and we have also shared them to other countries around the world. It is a good opportunity for us that we can share it to you. I hope you will get knowledge and understand to develop and apply in the best possible way. I wish all of you a great time throughout one week of the development course.”
Related links of AVC:
AVC Website: www.asianvolleyball.net
AVC Facebook: www.Facebook.com/AsianVolleyballConfederation
AVC Twitter: https://twitter.com/avcvolley
AVC Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/avcvolley/?hl=en
AVC Youtube: Asian Volleyball Confederation
AVC WeChat: Asian Volleyball Confederation