FIVB PRESIDENT WRAPS UP THE FIVB WORLD CONGRESS WITH AMBITIOUS GOALS FOR THE FUTURE OF VOLLEYBALL
Cancun, Mexico, November 17, 2018 – FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° closed a highly successful 36th FIVB World Congress by ratifying the federation’s new goals for growing volleyball around the world.
While the FIVB’s ultimate vision of making volleyball the world’s number one family sport remains unchanged, President Ary Graça outlined 11 strategic goals that will become the foundation for all FIVB initiatives.
These include the goal to move volleyball from group 2 to group 1 in the IOC rankings by 2020, to increase the FIVB’s various revenue streams, and to take control of production and digital content for all major events.
President Ary Graça said:
“I am now half way through my mandate as President and together we have achieved so much. However, there is much more that can be done and we are determined to make it happen.
“I am delighted that the entire volleyball family is united in its efforts to grow our sport. We can only achieve these ambitious aims by working side by side, for the good of volleyball, by Acting as One”
The 11 strategic goals of the FIVB are:
• To move volleyball from group 2 to group 1 in the IOC ranking by 2020
• To increase the relevance of volleyball through its digital platforms and have 50 million engagements by 2024
• To increase the integrated audiences in key markets by 100% in 2020
• To sign 4 new global sponsors by 2020 with a goal of USD 10 million per year
• To grow the average FIVB annual income from 31 million to 66 million by 2020*
• To have a competitive, effective and sustainable bidding process by 2018 for all FIVB main events
• To directly manage content production pre, during and post all key FIVB events by 2019
• To calculate accurately the number of licensed / amateur players by 2020 and increase that number by 33% by 2024
• To become the number one sport that serves the needs of the family through social development and humanitarian programmes
• To implement the best universal standards of good governance and make FIVB 100% compliant by 2020
. To launch the volleyball OTT channel by 2018 and have one million subscribers by 2024.
The FIVB World Congress came to a close after a busy but productive two days, in which the FIVB announced Russia as its host for the 2022 Men’s World Championship. As well as meeting with each Continental Confederation individually, President Ary Graça road mapped an exciting future for the sport in front of almost 200 National Federations.
Related links of AVC:
AVC Website: www.asianvolleyball.net
AVC Facebook: www.Facebook.com/
AVC Twitter: https://twitter.com/avcvolley
AVC Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/
AVC Youtube: Asian Volleyball Confederation
AVC WeChat: Asian Volleyball Confederation