Lausanne, Switzerland, January 23, 2019 – The FIVB has updated its strategic plan, moving from the ‘9 Goal’ plan previously laid out, to 11 new and re-imagined targets that are set to bring the International Federation to the next level and achieve its vision of volleyball being the number one family sport in the world.
Following the launch of the ‘9 Goals’ strategy in 2015, the FIVB worked hard to ensure successful implementation of the strategy, with some goals being achieved ahead of time. Four years on, the FIVB is now updating its plan to reflect the latest sporting landscape and current trends, including the federation’s commitment to digital transformation.
When asked about the importance to update the goals, FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° said:
“The world is changing every day, and so must we. ‘9 Goals’ proved to be very successful. However, with some of our goals already achieved, and in the ever-changing sports ecosystem, it was crucial for us to revisit our plan.
“With the latest 11 goals set out in the FIVB’s strategic plan, I am confident we are moving in the right direction, raising the relevance of the sport worldwide and achieving our vision of being the number one family sport in the world.”
The FIVB’s new 11 goals are:
1. TO MOVE VOLLEYBALL FROM GROUP 2 TO GROUP 1 IN THE IOC RANKING BY 2020
2. TO INCREASE THE RELEVANCE OF VOLLEYBALL THROUGH ITS DIGITAL PLATFORMS AND HAVE 50 MILLION ENGAGEMENTS BY 2024
3. TO INCREASE THE INTEGRATED AUDIENCES IN KEY MARKETS BY 100% IN 2020
4. TO SIGN 4 NEW GLOBAL SPONSORS BY 2020 WITH A GOAL OF 10 MILLION USD ANNUALLY
5. TO GROW THE AVERAGE FIVB ANNUAL INCOME FROM MEDIA RIGHTS SALES, SPONSORING, DIGITAL AND EVENT HOSTING FROM 31 MILLION TO 66 MILLION USD BY 2020
6. TO HAVE A COMPETITIVE, EFFECTIVE AND SUSTAINABLE BIDDING PROCESS BY 2018 FOR ALL FIVB MAIN EVENTS
7. TO DIRECTLY MANAGE CONTENT PRODUCTION PRE, DURING AND POST ALL KEY FIVB EVENTS BY 2019
8. TO CALCULATE ACCURATELY THE NUMBER OF LICENSED / AMATEUR PLAYERS BY 2020 AND INCREASE THAT NUMBER BY 33% BY 2024
9. TO BECOME THE NUMBER ONE SPORT THAT SERVES THE NEEDS OF THE FAMILY THROUGH SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT AND HUMANITARIAN PROGRAMMES
10. TO IMPLEMENT THE BEST UNIVERSAL STANDARDS OF GOOD GOVERNANCE AND MAKE FIVB 100% COMPLIANT BY 2020
11. TO LAUNCH THE VOLLEYBALL OTT CHANNEL BY 2018 AND HAVE ONE MILLION SUBSCRIBERS BY 2024.