Five athletes have been chosen by players in the first-ever FIVB Athletes’ Commission Elections
The FIVB has today announced the results of the first-ever FIVB Athletes’ Commission Elections with three beach volleyball and two volleyball athletes elected by more than 400 eligible voters from all over the world.
The five athletes elected to the Commission are as follows:
· Jordan Quinn Larson (USA) – received the highest number of votes in the Volleyball Women category
· Samuele Papi (ITA) – received the highest number of votes in the Volleyball Men category
· Madelein Meppelink (NED) – received the highest number of votes in the Beach Volleyball Women category
· Joshua Binstock (CAN) – received the highest number of votes in the Beach Volleyball Men category
· Anouk Vergé-Dépré (SUI) – received the highest number of votes in the Open Choice category
The voting took place from January 25-31, 2021 through a secure Lumi voting platform with 16 candidates https://www.fivb.com/en/players/athletes-commission/elections from volleyball and beach volleyball competing for a place on the Commission for the upcoming Olympic cycle.
Full FIVB Athletes’ Commission 2020-2024 Elections results provided by Lumi can be found on www.fivb.com
The FIVB Athletes’ Commission will be composed of ten members, five of which have now been elected by the players. The remaining five members will be nominated by the FIVB President and appointed by the FIVB Board of Administration during its first meeting following the FIVB World Congress. In addition, the Commission shall have equal gender representation amongst its membership, and the same number of representatives from volleyball and beach volleyball.
Related links of AVC
AVC Website: click www.asianvolleyball.net
AVC Facebook: click www.Facebook.com/AsianVolleyballConfederation
AVC Twitter: click: https://twitter.com/avcvolley
AVC Instagram: click: https://www.instagram.com/avcvolley/?hl=en
AVC Youtube: click: Asian Volleyball Confederation
AVC WeChat: Asian Volleyball Confederation